The PTA are a voluntary group with links to South Marson school who work really hard to raise as much money as possible to support the school in being able to provide added extras for pupils.
With school budgets being drastically cut by the government, the role of the PTA is more important than ever. By raising funds we can provide the children with things that the budget can no longer stretch to.
During this academic year this has included -
- £200 class budget for each of the 5x classes - £1000 total
- £9 for every child towards coach travel - Over £1000 in total
- Amazon vouchers for 'fiver' reading awards at the end of term
- Providing breakfast for year 6 pupils during SATs week
- Leavers hoodies for year 6
1) We hold a termly meeting which everyone is welcome to come along to. We are keen to find new helpers with new ideas!
Date of the next meeting is Wednesday 13th September 2017 7.00pm at The Carriers Inn, South Marston.
2) We would also welcome any time given to help out at fundraising events - even for an hour. Every little helps!
3) Sign up to Easy Fundraising
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online, from your weekly shop to your annual holiday that you could be raising a free donation for our School?
There are nearly 3,000 retailers including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, Next, Sainsbury's and many more who will donate a percentage of the amount you spend to South Marston CofE Primary School to say thank you for shopping with them. There are no catches or hidden charges. It's really simple, and doesn't cost you anything.
All you have to do is:
- Go to easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/southmarstonprimary and sign up.
- Get shopping - your donations will be collected by easyfundraising and automatically sent to South Marston CofE Primary School. It couldn't be easier!
Please see below for a list of events that the PTA is running in the future...
|1st November Bag2school collection|
|24th November Christmas craft fair|
Once we meet again after the summer holidays many more events will be added!
Thank you to everyone who has supported the PTA this year by organising or helping out at events and also to parents who have attended our events and contributed.
We have raised a fantastic £2500 since September 2016 and plan to work really hard to increase this next year.
Also thank you to Yuasa Batteries who have supported generously throughout the year with various donations of raffle prizes.
For more information please feel free to contact Andy Hinder on email@example.com who is the Chair of the PTA and he will be happy to answer your questions.